20 February 2007

Sunchunck

A couple of weeks ago, I interviewed members of the band Sunchunck, a trio of guys you'd want to be friends with before you even heard their music. They scored fourth place overall during last summer's Boston Emergenza festival and their new EP, titled "Late" is due out mid-March.

The band's bassist, Mike Bertolami, tried to coax me into singing backup during the interview - which took place during a recording session at Bobcat Studios - after I told him that I had once recorded a song with a few work friends a couple years back. Our single, which we recorded under the name AFPCB (the All For Profit Christmas Band - yeah, not my idea) was moderately successful, and it was given away free to friends and family members.

Anyway, you won't hear my voice on Sunchunck's new album (thank goodness for them) but you will hear band members Bertolami, John Catino and Brett Manoloff rocking their melodic sound on four brand-new songs.

Hear them live at the Grog in Newburyport on St. Patty's Day. And check out my story on them in the upcoming issue of Merrimack Valley Magazine.

No comments: