14 February 2007

I heart the snow

Well, it's here.

I don't know where you are, but up here on the North Shore, it's snowing to beat the band, whatever that means.

Even though I don't work out of the home, and my son is too young yet for school, it still feels like one of those snowstorms of old, when I'd sit by the television, praying that Warwick, RI, would appear in the scrolling list of districts that were cancelling school, an experience second only to hearing legendary WPRO radio host Salty Brine shouting his infamous "No School Foster-Glocester," a sound as inherently Rhode Island as squawking seagulls eating discarded clam cakes at Rocky Point.





Well, there's no more Salty, but today's snowstorm has been enjoyed just as much, as the Sandy Acres rat pack of miniature snow bunnies got outside for a little sledding and fun.
Nothing says I Love You more than a big and blustery Nor' Easter. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: