26 February 2007

And the winner is...

Beats the hell out of me. I didn't bother to watch because the only nominated movie I saw was Little Miss Sunshine, which I suspected wouldn't win.

My only news of the Oscars came from Sandi during the tail-end of lunch at Friendly's with two screaming toddlers who were in need of naps. And now I've forgotten what she told me.

Incidentally, a Friendly's lunch too close to nap time - bad idea. (Is it ever really a good idea?!) Not only did I receive my garden salad (aka iceberg lettuce with loads of cheese) only moments before the check, but when, in an attempt to make my crispy chicken wrap a more healthy meal, I asked for it in lieu of fries, I was told the fries come with it anyway. Bastards!

To top it all off, we waited for the check as the kids serenaded the entire place with screams of dada! crayons! juice! hi! and our clueless waitress lingered at the table of two tattooed (ahem) gentlemen, discussing the semantics of serpents. This would have been the perfect opportunity to chew and screw (known in some circles as dine and dash) but I figured since I'm a mom now, I probably shouldn't risk getting arrested.

Instead, I knocked a dollar off her tip. So there!

No comments: