13 February 2007

Hug it out bitch

I am truly saddened.

We just finished watching the last disc of season two of Entourage. Part of our Netflix queue, it took us a while, (we are lame-o's and only subscribe to the one-disc-at-a-time plan), but over the last few weeks, I have grown quite fond of Vince, Eric, Drama and Turtle and will miss those guys. I will also miss Ari's gay, Chinese assistant Lloyd, who, at the end of season two, in a Jerry Maguire moment, decides to stick with Ari (despite the racist and sexist harrassment he suffers) as his ass is being tossed from the agency he helped build.

I know season three is well under way. But we don't have HBO, so, unfortunately, we will be left in limbo about how Aquaman will turn out and if Vince crumbles again over Mandy Moore. We won't know if Drama scores his dream part. Or if Turtle will hit it big with Saigon.

I think the reason I like it so much is because Entourage is like a throw-back to youth. (No, I was never a million dollar movie star living in L.A.) But more than once I looked over at Rich, and said, "Wouldn't that be awesome?"

He usually said no. But we were still doubled over laughing at every episode. These guys, sadly enough, had become part of our rotation of nightly entertainment. Now, alas, our Tuesday nights (Mondays=24, Wednesdays=Friday Night Lights and Lost, Thursdays=The Office) will be devoid of meaning.

Until April 3, 2007.

No comments: