23 April 2007

Audrey's crazy

well, he's done it again. That fun-loving combatant of all things terrorist has bucked the system and decided to risk World War III to save his formerly dead girlfriend.

Jack Bauer has gone "rogue."

Who couldn't see that coming a mile away?

In fact, when Jack received the call that Audrey was still alive, Rich and I both looked at each other and said "Jack's going rogue." And sure enough, only moments later, those were the exact words out of Bill Buchanan's mouth.

It feels like the writers for 24, which has been one of my favorite shows since it began, have run out of ideas. How can you go from having Bauer saving the US from its destruction a la nukes to demanding presidential permission to rescue his former love interest from a Chinese national who is holding her hostage? It's just very anti-climatic.

There are only 4 episodes left, and unless Fayed comes back from the dead and has five more suitcase nukes, I just don't see how this season can keep my interest.

Perhaps Lisa Miller, now-President Daniels' assistant and sometimes lover played by ex-alien Kari Matchett will shake things up. She definitely has something up her sleeve.

2 comments:

KJ said...

I don't know about you but I laughed my arse off at the end of last night's show. Absolutely ridiculous -- although Kim Raver nailed "crazy."(of course I wrote about it today too). I think 24 is becoming a caricature of itself. The entire show's gone rogue.

Michelle said...

Yes, we laughed at the ridiculousness of the whole thing. What in the hell did the Chinese do to her? Play Chinese rap music at decibels too loud for the human ear?