In just 9 days, a new baby will be born into this family. In the spirit of all those "25 things" notes going around on Facebook, I decided to give you, "25 Facts Surrounding My Second Pregnancy and Second Child." In no particular order, here they are.
1. Due Date: March 20; Planned C-Section: March 13
2. It's a boy!
3. For some reason, I feel incredibly guilty about above-mentioned C-section. Perhaps because I can't seem to get away from all the inferences that I should not be having a C-section.
4. I keep a bottle of Tums tucked underneath my pillow all times. The heartburn and reflux are so bad this time around, it's like a ball of liquid fire in my throat. Perhaps the Heartburn Fairy will come and take it away and leave in its place the $222 million winning lottery ticket.
5. Despite my best intentions, and the fact that I went to the gym through my 8th month, I still gained too much weight.
6. I am currently at the stage when my appendages resemble overstuffed sausages.
7. The good news: I was able to wear my wedding rings through month 8; last time I made it only to month 3.
8. Another piece of good news: During my last pregnancy, we were new in town, and our local friends were few and far between. This time, I have a good group of friends to help maintain my sanity.
9. I have learned that perfection is impossible: sometimes good enough is enough.
10. Nine days to go, and the nursery is not done. See #8.
11. I will not go into depression mode if I cannot breastfeed. I hope.
12. Last night I cried - full on sobbing - because my first-born wanted to play and I am too fat to get on the floor with him.
13. None of my maternity clothes fit me anymore; I am relegated to the house wearing husband's sweat pants and maternity half-shirts.
14. Monthly Napa Valley wine shipments: $90 per month; a full wine cabinet due to husband's 9-month wine abstinence: priceless!
15. We have decided to keep the name (mostly) secret until the baby is born. So don't even ask!
16. THIS time, I will send out cutesy birth announcements. Who said it's the second child who always gets the short end of the stick.
17. I cannot wait to see Braedan's face the first time he sees his new baby brother...
18. However, I am prepared for my son's adverse reaction once he realizes his brother is here to stay, and is not some myth we have been talking up for 9 months. "When does he go back?" "I liked it when it was just me and you" and "I don't want to be a big brother anymore" are all remarks I fully expect to have to deal with.
19. I am already dreading the grocery bill that will come as a result of living with three males.
20. I need to come up with a plan of attack for losing weight once the baby is born. Step 1: Quit eating so much.
21. I have been told by even the most driven of my friends that I am crazy for not taking any time off my part-time, work-from-home editing/writing job once the baby is born.
22. Thank goodness we now have digital cable and DVR.
23. To videotape or not to videotape? That is the question.
24. For a week now, husband has been asking me to pack a bag. I still have yet to do it.
25. I am secretly (well, not anymore) hoping that I go into labor before next Friday!